1. To form the past simple of regular verbs we add:
2. If a verb ends in e (ex: like, arrive, move, dance), we add:
3. If a verb ends in consonant + y (ex: study, cry, tidy), we eliminate the and add:
4. If a one-syllable verb ends in consonant + vowel+ consonant (ex: stop, plan drop), we double the last and then add:
5. If a two-syllable verb ends in consonant + vowel+ consonant and the last syllable is not the stronger one (ex: answer, open, listen) we
Now choose the correct form to complete the sentences below using the verbs in parentheses.
1. He (clean) the windows and (tidy) the living room and he only (stop) working when the house was spotless.
4. She (watch) a very sad movie and she (cry) all the time.