PRESENT SIMPLE- CONTINUOUS- PAST SIMPLE- CONTINUOUS
Past Simple and Past Continuous
4 tenses revision
Grammar Rules: Past Continuous vs Past Simple
¡ØChoose the right answer.
1. When you called me I _____ TV.
B. was watching
2. Yesterday at 11.15 pm Jack _____.
A. was sleeping
B. is sleeping
3. Mark _____ on the phone when his father came in.
A. was talking
B. is talking
4. She was crossing the road when the car _____ her.
A. was hitting
5. Sally lost her wallet when she _____ home.
B. was going
C. are going
6. When they _____ out, it was raining.
A. were going
7. I didn't help him because I _____ for my History exam.
B. was studying
8. When I _____ Peter, he was shopping.
C. was seeing
¡ØWrite questions in past progressive.
1.Jane / tidy / her room
2.Brendan / drive / a car
3.Sue and Jane / sell / fruits
4.the pupils / write / a test
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: