Read the text carefully.
Mary is ten years old. She is from Dorset. Her hair is long and brown. She has got brown eyes. She has got a cat and a dog. Their names are Pat and Fluffy. Pat, the dog has got a small house in the garden. Mary's cat, Fluffy is 3 years old.
Sean is six and Peter is twelve years old. The children are pupils. Sean's hair is blonde, Peter's hair is brown. The boys have got blue eyes.
Jane hasn't got a pet. She has a friend. Her name is Laura.
Nick has got a horse. Its name is Lightning. Nick's friends are bus drivers. They are Tom, Charles and John.
Peter's pet is a hamster. Its name is Tiny. She is so small. Sean has got a goldfish. Its name's Goldie.
Fill in the chart with the suitable information from the text. Write "no" if we have no information.
True or false. Put a tick into the correct place.
1) Mary has got a spider.
2) Mary's mother is 38 years old.
3) Nick is Sean’s father.
4) Sean has got a sister.
5) Mary has got two brothers.
6) The children have got four friends.
7) Tiny is a horse.
8) John is a bus driver.
9) Tom is Peter's friend.
10) Fluffy is a cat.
Write short answers to the following questions.
1) How many pets has the family got? .
2) Has the family got a garden? .
3) Where is the family from? .
4) Who is the daughter in the family? .
5) How many friends has the family got? .
6) Who has got a fish? .
7) Who has got blonde hair? .
8) Who is Peter? brother.
9) Who has got blue eyes? .
10) Who is Doug? .
Here are some definitions. Can you guess the word or name? (The words are from the text.)
1) It's an animal. It is small. It has got four legs.
2) It's a person. He is a bus driver. He has got a long name. He is the father's friend.
3) He is Jane’s son. He is very young.
4) Mary, Sean and Peter.
5) It is an animal. We have it at home.
6) It is not in the house.
7) Not big.
8) He has got a horse.
9) It is a job at school.
10) Not a girl.
Read the text again. Then write a composition about your family. Write down the following information about mother, father, sister(s), brother(s) and you: name, age, hair, eyes, pets and friends. You can use the text to help you.
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: