exercises > gerunds and infinitives
GERUND versus INFINITIVE
INFINITIVE OR GERUND? - GRAMMAR END EXERCISES (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
Grammar - LIKE/DON´T LIKE - LOVE/HATE
Gerunds and Infinitives
INFINITIVE OR GERUND - EXERCISES (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
gerunds and infinitives.
Choose the correct answers.
1. Anne hasn´t smoked since Friday.
two days ago.
2. Will you lock the door when you leave?
Do you mind
the door when you leave?.
3. Shouting at the students is useless.
It´s no use
at the students.
4. She wouldn´t buy the red jacket,no matter what we said.
We couldn´t persuade her
the red jacket.
5. The little boy didn´t want to wear his bicycle helmet.
The little boy refused
his bicycle helmet.
6. Remember to call me tomorrow.
7. I don´t want to work anymore.
I´m tired of
8. The school doesn´t allow us to leave the school during the break.
The school doesn´t let us
the school during the break.
9. They made an effort to do the exam.
10. James prefers going to the cinema to going to the theatre.
James would rather
to the cinema
11. .David wishes to see London.
David is looking forward to
12. Please wipe your shoes on the mat before coming in.
Would you mind
your shoes on the mat before coming in?
13. Sheila says that she didn´t break your computer.
14. I think the bus will be here in five minutes.
The bus is expected
here in an hour.
15. I advise you to revise for your finals.
for your finals.
16. Perhaps she will come.
17. I´ve always wanted to visit Myanmar.
18. I´m sure he won´t stop going out with Anne.
I´m sure he will continue
out with Anne
19. Why don´t we have a
party to celebrate your success?
a party to celebrate your success?
20. The teacher forgot to set the exam.
The teacher didn´t remember
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: