Exercise 1: Put ‘is, am, are, was, were’ in the blank.
2. I a student now.
3. My mother in the kitchen two hours ago.
4. Sarah tired now.
5. We in New York last year.
6. You a football player in 2004.
7. Mr. Jones at the market today.
8. Anna and I busy today.
9. The boxes behind the cupboard now.
10. Ron thirsty last night.
Exercise 2: Choose the best answer.
1. You wasiswereamare at class yesterday.
2. Tina wasarewereisam seven years old now.
3. That car is notwas notwere notam notare not mine now.
4. Billy Jones werearewasamis a famous singer now.
5. Many people arewereamwasis in my shop this morning.
6. I arewerewasisam a teacher in Spain in 2007.
7. AreWasIsWereAm your son fine today?
8. The fishermen is notwas notam notwere notare not on the ship last night.
9. It wasamwereareis a nice day today.
10. My parents amarewasiswere on holiday last month.
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: