Past Simple Tense
Exercise 1: Fill in the blank with the Past Simple.
1. I (buy) a pair of shoes yesterday.
2. He (drive) to his office last month.
3. The students (read) the books in the library.
4. Paul (live) in Spain in 2008.
5. They (watch) cartoons last night.
6. Bobby (go) to the beach last summer.
7. Anna and I (run) in the park yesterday morning.
8. My father (sleep) in the sitting room yesterday.
9. Mr. Brown (meet) his friends at the restaurant yesterday.
10. The girls (eat) ice-cream yesterday.
11. His son (do) homework last night.
12. My grandparents (drink) tea this morning.
13. Susan (ride) a bicycle to school yesterday.
14. The fishermen (catch) a lot of fish last week.
15. His uncle (stop) smoking six months ago.
Exercise 2: Change the sentences into Negative (full form) and Question Sentences.
1. Henry found a gold ring yesterday.
Q: 2. I cooked fried rice for lunch yesterday.
3. Paul and Joe went to the art gallery last week.
4. Cindy did the housework two days ago.
5. My father flew to India three months ago.
6. The women sat in the garden five minutes ago.
7. Kate studied English last Sunday.
8. My sister gave me a jacket last week.
9. You sent your work to me yesterday.
10. His aunt made a chocolate cake for him yesterday.
Exercise 3: Fill in the blank with the correct verb.
wash go wear paint swim
think work tell pay cut
1. You as a waiter in the restaurant three days ago.
2. The workmen the fence two weeks ago.
3. His mother to America last year.
5. My father his car yesterday.
6. Their son in the pool last week.
7. Peter about the new project last week.
8. Mrs. Smith her son a story last night.
9. The people fancy clothes two days ago.
10. I the electric bill yesterday.