1. You can see that mother has a towel in her hands. She is looking at the wet plates.
She (dry) the plates.
2. The telephone is ringing. Tom says:
“I (answer) it.”
3. You have dropped a cup. It has broken down. There is broken glass everywhere. Mother says: “Don’t touch it. You (cut) yourself! I (sweep) it up.”
4. Mary has a mop in her right hand and a bucket of water in her left hand.
She (wash) the floor.
5. You are saving money to buy a new racing bike. Your friend asks you: “Why are you saving up?” And you answer: “I (buy) a new racing bike.”
6. You can hear a strange noise. You say: “There is someone at the door.”
I (go) and look.
7. It is your mother’s birthday next week. Your cousin asks you: “What (you/buy) for your mother?”
8. And you answer: “I do not know. I have not decided yet. Maybe I (buy) her a new lipstick.”
9. Your classmates have planned a class party. Everything is prepared. But suddenly you have caught a cold. You are calling your best friend and say: “Sorry, but I (not/come) to the party. I am ill.
10. Your father asks you to help him later today but you cannot do it because you need to prepare for tomorrow’s test so you say: “Sorry, father, I cannot do it I (prepare) for my test.”
11. Your mother asked you to buy some milk on your way home from school but you forgot it. She asks you: “Have you bought milk?” and you answer: “Sorry, mother, I forgot! I (run) to the shop now.”
12. Your teacher has asked you to write and to learn the dialogue by heart. Your friend is calling you because she wants you to come out and play, but you say: “Sorry, Natalie, I cannot do that I (learn) the dialogue by heart.”