exercises > christmas around the world
CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD - PART 4 - ENGLAND (B&W VERSION INCLUDED) - READING COMPREHENSION
CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD - PART 5 - SCOTLAND (B&W VERSION INCLUDED) - READING COMPREHENSION
Christmas around the world
CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD - PART 7 – IRELAND (B&W VERSION INCLUDED) - READING COMPREHENSION
CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD - PART 8 – GERMANY (B&W VERSION INCLUDED) - READING COMPREHENSION
Christmas Around the World
(To be answered with the help of internet)
1. How do you say ``Merry Christmas`` in Spanish?
2. In finland, there is someone called "Kerstman". Who is "Kerstman" ?
3. According to Brazilian tradition, where does Father Noel live?
4. What day is the most important day of the whole calendar in Japan?(
5. What does "the Good Night " mean in Spanish?(
6. What Country is the tradition from?
"On the evening of December 5th you put your big boots in front of the door . Some people also put a plate there or on the windowsill. The bread in the plate is for the white horse of Santa Claus ... In the morning you see that Santa Claus really was at your house and put nice things into the boots or plates. "
7. And this one?
"children receive presents traditionally brought by the "Befana," a good old witch who comes into their homes through the chimney."
8. What kind of trees are decorated at Christmas time in India?
9. In Holland, what do children leave in their shoes as a gift for Sinterklaas's horse?
10. Latvians claim to be the first to use Christmas trees. In what year was the first documented use of a Christmas tree in Latvia?
"Mattak", a special delicacy, is eaten in Greenland at Christmas. "Mattak" is made from
and people say it tastes like
12.What is often the traditional Christmas Day meal in Japan?
13. What is the date of Christmas Day in Serbia? (Hint: It's not December 25!)
14. What kind of fruit is often found in the stockings of children who live in the Canadian Prairies?
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: