exercises > The future: will, be going to, present simple, present continuous
WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO?
GOING TO vs. WILL
Be going to
Future Simple Tense (will / won´t)
Will and Be Going To
1. Complete the sentences with the verbs below. Use
be going to
not buy / take / be / raise / win / not travel / see / like / spend / be / go / work / earn / get / save / love / buy / not be
1. I'm sure your dad
his Christmas present.
2. I think I
in Cartagena when I finish school.
a new appartment with the money he won.
with her parents because she has to study.
a film at the new cinema tonight.
6. I think the new TV programme
7. I think I
rich in the future.
8. We have decided that we
next Christmas with my grandparents.
9. I don't think your parents
your new boyfriend.
10. The Maths teacher
to school tomorrow because he is ill.
11. "My plane leaves at 7 but I don't know how to get to the airport".
"Don't worry, I
12. We don't want to spend more money on clothes. We
it for the summer holidays.
13. My friends and I
tonight for the English exam.
14. Do you think they
enough money for charity?
15. We are late. I'm sure the teacher
16. I've decided that we
the house because it is too expensive.
17. The film is great. I think it
18. He has got a job as accountant but I don't think she
Will, Present Simple and Present Continuous
2. Choose the best option.
1. I hope you
to phone me when you get there.
to the shopping centre to buy some shoes.
3. The new programme
after the news.
the doctor at five.
5. The plane
at seven in the morning.
6. My friends and I
at the restaurant to have lunch.
7. My parents think we
at home in the future.
8. It's a funny film. I'm sure you
to Paris on Sunday.
10. The boat
until nine o'clock.
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: