Choose the correct verb forms.
1. Satya_______the family car.
2. Every morning Durga_______at 6 o'clock.
3. Mr. Prakash_________e-mails in the evenings.
4. The girls_______the shopping.
5. Durga and Satya______films every weekend.
6. His friend_______to school.
7. Do you ________milk in your tea?
8. _______I correct?
9. It________a beautiful day today.
10. John ofter________handball.
EXERCISE - II
Which sentence / questions are correct
1. Which sentence is in the simple present?
He can a bike ride.
He can ride a bike.
He can rides a bike.
He cans ride a bike.
2. Which sentence is in the simple present?
He has read a book.
He is reading a book.
He read a book.
He reads a book.
3. Which negative sentence is in the simple present?
He do not reads a book.
He does not read a book.
He is not reading a book.
He not read a book.
4. Which negative sentence is in the simple present?
We do'nt work in a bank.
We does not work in a bank.
We don't work in a bank.
We not work in a bank.
5. Which question is in the simple present?
Do she work in an office?
Do she works in an office?
Does she work in an office?
Work she in an office?
6. Which question is in the simple present?
From where do you come?
Where do you come from?
Where does you come from?
Where dos you come from?
7. In which sentence is the simple present used correctly?
Durga clean the bathroom.
Durga cleans the bathroom.
Durga clean's the bathroom.
Durga cleanes the bathroom.
8. In which sentence is the simple present used correctly?
Andrew wash the dishes.
Andrew washes the dishes.
Andrew washs the dishes.
Andrew wash's the dishes.
EXERCISE - III
Form questions in the simple present
1. Satya / to read / comics
2. what / they / to eat / for breakfast
3. when / his mum / to come / home
4. to be / Durga / from Austria
5. Satya and Durga / to like / homework
6. you / to walk / to school
7. where / she / to live
8. why / you / to ride / your bike
9. how / Ram / to go / to the park
10. can / Mani / to speak / English
EXERCISE - IV
Which verb forms are used in the simple present?
1. Which verb forms are used in the simple present?
Infinitiv + -ed
Infinitiv + -ing
Infinitiv + s
have + Infinitiv + -ed
2. which verb forms are correct?
3. which verb forms are correct?
4. Which sentences/questions are in the simple present?
Do you speak Spanish?
I'm in room 305
She didn't help her mother.
She doen't like milk.
We are reading a book.
She drives a car.
5. What are typical signal words for the simple present?
at the moment
6. Which verbs/auxiliaries can be negated by adding "not"?