A. Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meaning. Use the modal perfect.
1. Maybe he learned Spanish as a child.
2. It was a mistake to ask him to do it.
3. I am sure Peter didnít enjoy his holiday.
4. Itís possible that the teacher saw me.
The teacher .
5. It was unnecessary for you to study this unit.
6. It was a bad idea to park outside the train station.
7. I think you were wrong to buy the new car.
8. Itís possible that I left the English book at home because it is not here.
9. Maybe she didnít mean what she said about you.
10. Iím sure that your classmate took your jacket by mistake.
Your classmate .
B. Modal or Modal Perfect? Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meaning.
1. I suppose you are tired after your cruise.
2. I am sure he was too tired to go to the concert.
3. I regret having behaved† so badly during the lesson.
4.† The students aren't allowed to bring the mobile phones to school.
The students .
5. I didn't finish reading the book because I was watching TV.
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: