Passive Voice - present/past
PASSIVE VOICE (PRESENT SIMPLE AND PAST SIMPLE)
Passive Voice(S.Present-S.Pa st)
PASSIVE VOICE USING THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE + KEY
Present Simple Passive and Past Simple Passive Voice
PASSIVE PRESENT AND PAST
LOTS OF TENSES!! 3 SKILLS!! (reading, speaking, listening) • 6 PAGES • 60 QUESTION CARDS • CLASSROOM COMPETITION • FULLY EDITABLE • GOOD FOR ADULTS, TOO!!
1- Complete with the Past Participle form of the verbs:
a. to be - was/were -
b. to drink - drank -
c. to eat - ate -
d. to go - went -
e. to see - saw -
f. to speak - spoke -
g. to sing - sang -
h. to make - made -
i. write - wrote -
j. to call - called -
k. to invent - invented -
l. to play - played -
m. to paint - painted -
n. to discover - discovered -
2. Choose the right alternative to complete the sentence:
a) New York
the Big Apple.
b) The first blue jeans
by Levi Strauss.
c) The law of gravity
by Isaak Newton.
d) The "
Da Vinci Code
by Dan Brown.
e) The cinema
by the Lumiere Brothers.
g) James Bond
by Ian Fleming.
in Brazil and Portugal.
by Charles Chaplin.
3) Find the Past Participle of the verbs in the crossword:
1 - The light bulb was .................. (invent) by Thomas Edison.
2. The penicillin was ..................(discover) by Fleming.
The Lord of the Rings
" was .............(write) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
" was ...............(paint) by Vincent Van Gogh.
5. King Arthur`s sword was .............(call) Excalibur.
6. Portuguese is ...............(speak) in Brazil.
7. Meat is not ..........(eat) by vegetarians.
4) Rewrite the sentences in the Passive Voice:
a) Columbus discovered America.
b) Da Vinci painted Mona Lisa.
c) J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter books.
d) Stan Lee created Spider Man.