More Practice on Paraphrasing for Upper Intermediate Students
REPHRASING: FOR- SINCE- AGO- JUST- ALREADY- YET
Passive Voice: Causative Have
Paraphrasing for upper- intermediate students
Paraphrasing + KEY
Complete the second sentences so that it means the same as the first. Use no more than three words.
You can't play football unless there are at least eleven players.
You can only play football
there are at least eleven players.
2) You can play football in a team or by yourself.
You can play football in a team or on
3) I enjoy the game, and my brothers enjoy it too.
I enjoy the game and so
4) My father said that he had never played football.
My father said, "I
5) What about playing football now?
6)Everyone in our family loves films.
In our family, all of us
7)Travelling by bus is cheaper than travelling by plane.
Travelling by bus costs
than travelling by plane.
8) The flat we are staying is near the beach.
The flat we are staying is not too
9)The hotel has a swimming pool.
At the hotel
a swimming pool.
10) I asked my friend if he wanted to go to the cinema with us.
I asked my friend: "
want to go to hte cinema with us?
11) It costs nothing to attend a state school.
It doesn't cost
to attend a state school.
12) Modern cars are faster than old cars.
Old cars are not as
13) Uniforms must be worn by students in private schools.
uniforms in private schools.
14) Bridges Institute has six classrooms.
In Bridges Institute
15) Children can buy sweets at most schools.
At most schools
possible for children to buy sweets.
16) The rollerblades were Tom's favourite present.
Tom likes his rollerblades more
any of his other presents.
17) I have never had a car before.
This is the
that I have had my own car.
18) Jenny's house is very similar to Susan's house.
Jenny´s house is almost the same
19)Peter uses his car for travelling everywhere.
Peter uses his car
20) I like travelling around the world, and my parents do too.
I like travelling around the world, and
do my parents.