PET PRACTICE - PARAPHRASING
PET - Paraphrasing - Present Simple Passive
PET - Paraphrasing - Advice
Paraphrasing PET - Prohibition, permission, obligation
PET paraphrasing - have to - donīt have to - must - mustnīt
PET Wrting Part 1 Paraphrasing Exercises 2
Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first. Use no more than three words.
Comparative and superlative
1) My sister is taller than me.
as my sister.
2) She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
She is the most beautiful woman I
3)My new car is much faster than my old one.
My old car isn't
my new one.
4)Tom is more intelligent than his brother.
5)It started to rain, then we went inside.
We went inside
as it started to rain.
6)She was driving home when the accident happened.
The accident happened
she was driving home.
7)We left the house when it was dark.
We didn´t leave the house
it was dark.
8)They are poor, but they are happy.
they are poor, they are happy.
9) We walked to school as it was early.
We walked to school
it was early.
10) I walked to work to get some exercise.
I walked to work
I could get some exercise.
Present perfect and past simple
11) I started studying English six years ago.
English for six years.
12)I haven´t seen her for five months.
The last time I
her was five month ago.
13)She has lived here for three years.
she has lived her
14) If the train isn't late, I'll be home by seven.
I'll be home at seven unless the train
15) You won't go to the cinema unless you do your homework.
You will go to the cinema
you do your homework.
16) You are advise to go to the doctor when you feel sick.
to the doctor when you feel sick.
17) It's forbbiden to step on the grass.
step on the grass.
18) My friend asked me if I wanted to go to a party.
My friend said, "
to go to a party?"
19)She told me not to write on the wall
She told me, "
on the wall!"
20) The president said that she had studied in the best University.
The president sair, "I
in the best University."
21) I introduced one of my friends to my parents yesterday.
I introduced a friend of
to my parents yesterday.
22) Mary is going to lend me a dress for the party.
Mary is going to lend me a dress of
for the party.
Active and passive
23) Two thieves were caught by the police yesterday.
two thieves yesterday.
24) A lot of people visit Europe every year.
by a lot of people every year.
25) It's too cold to play football outside today.
to play football outside today.
26) She isn't od enough to drive.
27) It was such a beautiful day we decided to go out for a picnic.
The weather was
beautiful that we decided to go out for a picnic.
28) she was so kind that she let us spend the day at her house.
person that she let us spend the day at her house.