not as...as (Messages 3 revision)
THE COMPARATIVE AND SUPERLATIVE OF ADJECTIVES (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
COMPARATIVES AND SUPERLATIVES TEST
comparatives and superlatives test
Comparatives & Superlatives
Comparative and superlatives
1. Make sentences with the comparative or superlative form of the adjective in brackets.
1. Bill Gates is
man in the world. (rich)
2. Cats are
3.Table tennis is
sport in China. (popular)
4. John is
boy in the class.He never does any homework. (lazy)
5.Cheetahs can run
6. Morroco is
friend's name is Paul. (good)
8. Julie's hair is
2.Complete the sentences. Use as...as
1. The book was better than the film. The film
2. Simon is 15 years old and David is 14. David
3.China is the biggest country in the world. England
4. Claire has got longer hair than Jane. Jane's hair
5. The DVD costs € 11.99 and the book costs € 6.99 . The book
6. Bikes are slower than cars. Bikes
7. Maths is more difficult than English. Maths
Asking for a description
3.Complete the questions using the words in the box.Then match the questions with the answers.(a-h).
do (x 2) does is (x3) are (x2)
Tom like? a. I've got short black hair and I wear glasses
your school like? b. No, I'm more hard-working than him.
you as lazy as your brother? c. It's nice. It's got three bedrooms and a big living room.
you look like your brother? d. He's very generous and quite clever
your grandparents like? e. He's quite tall.He's got blue eyes and he's very good-looking
Tom look like ? f. No,he much taller than me and he's got darker hair.
your flat like? g. It's very big. T's got more than 2000 students.
you look like? h. They're quite easy-going.
Comparatives and superlatives
4. Choose the right word.
1. My brothers are
than my father.
2. Anne isn't as
3. Louise is
4. I think it's the
song in the world!
5. Indian food is very different
6. Jane is the
intelligent girl in the class.
7. American football isn't the same
8. The theatre is
than the cinema.