Active and Passive Voice
Introducing the "Passive Voice" (1) - Basic rules for Upper elementary and Intermediate students
Active and Passive
Sherlock Holmes case IX: Active and passive
Active and Passive Voice
Active and Passive Practice
Active or Passive? (4) Multiple choice exercises (with KEY) in present simple and past simple
Voice-Active and Passive
Let us know about Active and Passive Voice.
Key points to be considered:
1.The object of the verb in the
becomes the subject in the
2. It is important to note that the subject must agree with the verb in the passive voice also.
3. Verbs in the active voice use
in the passive voice.
4. All the perfect continuous tenses does not have passive form.
1. Which sentence is Active and Passive? Tick against the correct boxes.
a) We have only ten books in our stock left. Active
b) The savannah is roamed by beautiful giraffes. Active
2. Fill in the passage using the correct form of verbs.
How to prepare ice-cream at home:
I. Method:- (Active Voice)
1. Stir sugar, cream, and milk into a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
2. Heat just until mix is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge.
3. Transfer cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in vanilla extract and chill mix thoroughly, at least 2 hours.
4. Pour cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker, turn on the machine, and churn according to manufacturer's directions, 20 to 25 minutes.
5. When ice cream is softly frozen, serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the
ce cream and place in freezer to ripen, 2 to 3 hours.
II. Method:- (Passive Voice)
Sugar, cream, and milk
(stir) into a saucepan. It
(heat) until the sugar dissolves. It is heated until the mix is hot and a ring of foam appears. The cream mixture
(transfer)into a pourable container.Vanilla extract is stirred thoroughly in it. The cold ice-cream mix
(pour) into an ice-cream maker. The machine
(turn) on and
(churn) according to the manufacturer's directions ,for 20-25 minutes. The ice-cream
(serve) immediately. The other option is to place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the ice-cream. Then it
(leave) in the freezer to ripen.
3. Find the verbs using the hints.
Our school visited the Taj Mahal during our summer holidays. There we _________ an old lady who was ____________at us.She was old and was weak. I _____________ up to her and ___________ whether would she join us during the picnic. She _________ very grateful at my offer and had joined us. Then, she told us that her son had died several years ago and she was left alone. She used to ________ in a nearby cottage. She used to come there every evening as she was alone and she was brightened up she saw children. We felt sorry for her and ______________ to do something for her help. When we came to the school after our vacation, we collected money and old clothes for the lady. We had planned to give her those during our half-term holidays. Our friends in our class had donated lots of money to which I _______ some more money. During the half-term, I, my parents and friends once again _________ the Taj Mahal. We searched for her and finally found her. Oh! she was so ___________ to see us. She thanked us for our help. We were very glad to help someone in need that day.
All the best!
Submit your answers below to know how well you've attempted the quiz.