The present continuous Tense
THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE
TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE ( PRESENT SIMPLE-PRESENT CONTINUOUS-GOING TO- SIMPLE FUTURE (KEY INCLUDED)
THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE - GRAMMAR GUIDE (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE: GOING TO OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS
The Present Continuous Tense(2 pages)
The Present Continuous Tense
(am, is, are) + V-ing:
What are they doing?
Use the right form of the verb:
1. Mary and Bob ......
2. Mr. Smith .....
(play the piano).
3. The farmer .....
(cut the grass).
4. The schoolchildren .....
(go to school) in a school bus.
5. The boy .....
(skate) on the skating rink.
6. Bill's mother .....
7. Tom ......
8. Ann and Emma .....
(talk) over the phone.
9. They .....
(watch) a film on TV.
10. Becky .....
(read) a book about dolphins.
11. The chef .....
12 . It's 7 o'clock. Jane ....
Choose the right option:
(am, is, are)
What a nice day!
1. It ..... not raining.
2. The sun ..... shining.
3. Betty and Paul ..... not going to school now.
4. Mum ..... making a birthday cake for me.
5. Father ..... repairing a car.
6. Grandmother and Grandfather ..... watering roses in the garden.
7. My brother ..... playing computer games
8. My littlte sister .... waching cartoons.
9. My cat .... liying on the lawn and sleeping.
10. I .... helping my Mum.
Complete the sentences :
1. Don't go out. It _____
2. My family
3. Look! It ______
4. Mr. Brown is a good artist. Now he is ______
5. It' warm and sunny today. We ______
and having a lot of
IV. Unscramble the sentences and write:
1. Listening, I, music, to, am, favourite.
2. Children, a, snowman,making,are,
3. we, in, are,flowers, picking, the, wood.
4. Sister, is,his, the, dishes,the, washing, kitchen.
5. Cat, my , around, running, house, the.
V. Tick the right sentences and cross out the wrong
1. The monkey are jumping and making faces.
2. The dog is bucking at the cat.
3. The ducks are swim in the pond.
4. The birds flying to the south.
5. The horse is eating grass.