A formal letter of application.
layouts of 7 formal letters (B&W version included)
WRITING - letter of application part 2
WRITING - letter of application part 1
WRITING - LETTER of APPLICATION
HOW TO WRITE A LETTER OF APPLICATION
WRITING - letter of application part 3
1. A letter that you write if you want to get a job is called a letter of
2. This is one of the correct ways to start the letter of application:
Dear Sir or Madam;
Dear Miss or Mister;
If we know whom we are writing to, we sign off the following way:
4. If we don't know whom we are writing to, we sign off the following way:
5. This is the correct way to start the first paragraph:
I'm writing because I want a job.
I am writing to apply for the position of a manager...
Hi, dear, I missed you so much!
I am available for an interview at any moment.
6. What information cannot be included in the second paragraph?
our work experience
our ability to come to an interview
7. What should be used in the letter of application?
proper formal vocabulary
short forms of verbs
8. At the end of our letter we write:
our name and surname
only our name
only our surname
our surname and name
9. What features of character are there?
tall and blonde
strong and curly
honest and reliable
busy and experienced
10. When you write about your age, you write:
about your family
how old you are
where you study
what languages you know
11. What qualifications may be important if you want to be a tourist guide?
being able to swim
being able to speak many languages
being able to type really fast
being able to drive a car
12. What sentence should be written at the end of the formal letter?
Thank you for your consideration.
look forward to hearing
I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the
13. 'Mrs.' is used if a woman is
14. 'Ms.' is used if a woman is
15. 'Mr' is can be used for
16. What is a formal synonym to the verb 'give'?
17. A person who gives you work is your
18. If you work for someone you are their
19. A meeting that you have before you get a job is called an
20. A synonym to 'a feature' is a
Have a nice day,