1. Portland, Maine, is the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow spent his early years.
2. As consumers' response to traditional advertising techniques declines, businesses are beginning new methods of reaching customers.
3. The knee is most other joints in the body because it cannot twist without injury.
4. The quince is an attractive shrub or small tree closely related to the apple and pear trees.
5. Many gases, including the nitrogen and oxygen in air, color or odor.
6. The American Academy of Poets, the 1930's, provides financial assistance to support working poets.
7. During the Pleistocene glacial periods portions of the Earth where plant and animal life flourished, making it possible for people to subsist.
8. The photographs of Carrie Mae Weems, in which she often makes her family members , are an affectionate and incisive representation of the African American experience.
9. Hubble's law states that the greater the distance between any two galaxies, is their relative speed of separation.
10. The onion is characterized by an edible bulb composed of leaves rich in sugar and a pungent oil, the vegetable's strong taste.
11. A regional writer with a gift for dialect, her fiction with the eccentric, comic, but vital inhabitants of rural Mississippi.
12. Relative humidity is the amount of water vapor the air contains at a certain temperature with the amount it could hold at that temperature.
13. Scientists believe the first inhabitants of the Americas arrived by crossing the land bridge that connected Siberia and more than 10,000 years ago.
14. Fibers of hair and wool are not continuous and must normally be spun into thread woven into textile fabrics.
15. Margaret Brent, because of her skill in managing estates, became largest landholders in colonial Maryland.