EW3, Unit 3, Comparative adjectives, words with ´ay´
Lost Thing Missing Poster Activity
ADJECTIVES- OPPOSITES -PICTIONARY (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
Order of Adjectives
Adjective Formation (3rd of the SET) - suffixes "-ed" and "-ing"
Comparison of Adjectives
Comparative Adjectives and words with "ay"
1. Write about the pictures.
1 The car is
2 The helicopter is
3 The insect
4 The baby
5 The plane
6 The bike
7 The plane
8 The car
2. Look. Complete sentences about Bobby and Billy and their clothes.
1 Bobby is
2 Bobby is
3 Billy is
younger than Bobby.
4 Billy's hat is
than Bobby's hat.
5 Bobby's shoes are
than Billy's shoes.
6 Bobby's jacket is
than Billy's jacket.
3. Write sentences about the pictures.
plane is wider
4. Complete the conversation with the words in the box.
wide tall wider than centimetres It's metre taller than
are you, Ben?
2 I'm one metre 50
3 I'm one
is your hand?
eight centimetres wide.
7 Your hand is
is the river? It is twenty metres wide.
is the tree? It is five metres tall.
3 How long is the road? It is two kilometres
is the house? It is six metres tall.
is the river? It is 250 kilometres long.
6. Find the words with "ay". Then write them in the boxes.
(çàïèñûâàéòå ñëîâà â òîé ïîñëåäîâàòåëüíîñòè, â êîòîðîé îíè èäóò â òåêñòå)
Today is Monday, 12 May. Jay is a fireman and he is going to work. It is his birthday.
The firemen have a cake on a tray. They say, "Happy Birthday, Jay!". There is no time
for play today. There is a fire! They cannot stay and eat cake.
7. Solve the crossword. Use the words with "ay".
1. What do people say when they give you a cake and presents? "Happy ____________!"
2. What do people shout at sport games?
3. When do flowers come up from the ground?
4. What comes between Sunday and Tuesday?
5. What can you carry a cake on?
6. What do you say to a dog?
7. What do children do with a ball?