Subject – Verb Agreement Part 1
A. Know the difference between singular verbs and plural verbs. Write Singular verb if it is singular and plural verb if it is plural.
B B. Know the difference between singular subjects and plural subjects. Write singular subject if it is singular and plural subject if it is plural.
A basket of cookies
Claig and Dave
A few cookies
Three baskets of cookies
List of items
Bouquet of yellow roses
Slice of pizza
Glass of water
Glasses of water
c. C. Subject-verb agreement exercise
1. The farmer (plant) corn
2. The farmers (plant) corn.
3. The horse (run) through the field
4. Horses (run) through the field
5. Students (is) required to bring their books to class.
6. The children (draw) water from the well and (carry) it home.
7. Whenever they watch a comedy, they (laugh) at all the wrong times.
8. We usually (eat) out on Saturdays, but this week I (has ) made other plans.
9. Claig and Dave (eat) seaweed stew.
10. A judge and a lawyer (is) sued for libel.
11. Korea and Thailand (is) in Asia.
12. Algebra and Chemistry (is) my favorite subjects, but history and economics (seem) difficult.
13. Dave or Claig (has) been studying English.
14. By now, rain or snow (has) fallen in the hills.
15. His parents or his grandparents (live) in the house.
16. I believe the mother or her children (sing) in church.
17. I believe the children or their mother (sing) in church
18. The Germans or the Italians (has) had a greater influence on music
19. The reporter forgot whether Japan or China (is) in Asia.