II. Mark the option which best completes each sentence.
1. Mike often speaks of the __________time he spent in Canada as an exchange student. safe cozy unforgettable nut
2. Ron has got _________three hundred photos on his My Place page and Facebook. He’s quite popular. badly nearly slowly hardly
3. Whenever I have guests who take a shower here, I give them some _________towels. fresh crispy manual pleasant
4. You see. I can hardly hear my favorite TV series because the children keep______around the house. pumping grabbing screaming regarding
5. Listen, there’s no need to spend money or look for someone to fix the blender. I can_______it myself. proceed take care of rush have a fit
6. Jan is very dedicated to everything she does, I’ve got no doubt she’ll______her goals and be successful. achieve remind attend proceed
7. We weren’t able to_____the first entrepreneur‘s speech. We ran late because we got stuck in traffic. regard participate idle attend
8. That band is quite popular. We stood in an (a) ______line to get the tickets for their first show in town. endless competitive rotten fair
9. I am willing to spend the rest of my life in a ________place where I can be far from the big city! warm busy peaceful regardless
10. Melanie told me she was quite busy making the _______for her daughter’s wedding. rewards preparations accommodations pages
12. Sharing a few hours with my friends in such a cozy lodge was quite____. I wish we could do it again. private competitive lazy pleasant
13. I undoubtedly have got no cooking ________. Nearly everything I cook tastes awful!!
experience skills degree appliances
III. Mark the option which could NOT be used to replace the highlighted phrases.
1. Jillian said she had the time of her life on her trip to Europe.
awful wonderful amazing fantastic
2. There’s something going on with Millie. She seems a little out of it.
distracted upset spaced out inattentive
3. “Dude, I really am in need of some rest, so I’m going home now.” “All right. Take care.
Enjoy yourself God be with you See you Good-bye
4. I’ve been texting Ann about the science assignment since yesterday, but she hasn’t responded yet.
answered replied given response understood
5. If I were you, I wouldn’t ever eat at that restaurant. It’s quite lousy.
expensive horrible awful terrible
6. “Tell me. How are you doing, Josh?” “Oh, I’m incredibly beat today. I do wish I could get some rest.”
extremely tremendously a little really
7. I wish I could go snowshoeing this weekend, but I’ve got to complete one last complex assignment.
read end finish conclude
8. We had a blast at our last gathering. Meeting old friends was extremely pleasant.
nice lovely enjoyable funny
9. Susan often hurts people by being nasty. She’s one quite mean person.
rude gross conceited unkind
10. Mona’s mom will have a fit when she finds out she hasn’t been doing well at school.
faint get upset get angry freak out
11. Didn’t it take you forever to figure out the instructions? It took me nearly four hours to do it!
more than close to just about almost
12. Ben was deeply upset for missing the school game because the finals were just around the corner.
losing out playing not attending not going to
IV. Let’s have some grammar practice. Mark the option that best completes the sentences.
1. Mona promised she’d read a fairy tale at bedtime ________ is really interesting.
who whose what which
2. Everyone says I ______ have attended the last lecture on sustainable forms of energy because it was very interesting.
could should might must
3. The principal suggested that Luke _________ for insulting the staff during his speech.
apologized apologize will apologize apologizes
4. You know, I wish we________brand new furniture and appliances for our new house.
have have had had will have
5. I can’t figure out this new camcorder and ________ can my cousin. He cannot help me.
also either so neither
6. People say the woman ________ just opened a grocery store in town came from a foreign country.
whose which what who
7. I do believe Bryan _________have traveled abroad if he had had the money to do so.
will would should might
8. I cannot figure out why Mr. Miller recommended that Nelly_______that lousy job.
does did do will do
9. I do wish I _________ to do all this housework by myself. This house is too huge!!
don’t have won’t have haven’t had didn’t have
10. I have no clue how to operate the snowmobile, and my son doesn’t _________. Let’s call the instructor.
neither so either also
11. Too bad Kelly has lost her job. I wish she _______ enough money to join us on our next vacation.
has had will have have
V. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the verbs.
1. You’d better into the hotel pool. It’s too deep. [not /to dive]
2. I wish my boyfriend's tastes compatible with my lifestyle. I love the outdoors; he doesn’t [to be]
3. My nephew since he got started at work because he is willing to travel all around Europe. [to save]
4. It’s essential that Jason a visa so he can get a job abroad. [to have]
5. It’s necessary that the staff the importance of their job. [to understand]
VI. Write [C] correct, or [I] incorrect. Rewrite the sentence if it is incorrect.
1. The last presentation whose Jeff made was amazing. You should have attended it.
2. I have no doubt you can make better on your tests if you focus. You’re clever, Sean.
3. You should give up to do gardening, Rose. You’re not good at it at all.
4. My last stay in New Hampshire was surely interesting. I had the time of my life.
5. Mom wishes she had gone to the party last night. It was amazed.
6. Drake should give up to smoke and so should you. You’ll ruin your health.
7. It is necessary that Susan makes her bed every morning because her mom can not do it.