Ex 1: Put a word from the box in each gap to complete the following passage.
It’s important to (1).well, especially when you are studying. If you are at primary (2) you may not go home for lunch and have a cooked meal of meat or (3) and vegetables. A chicken and lettuce sandwich, with some (4) fruit would be a light but (5). Many people around the world eat plain, boiled (6) two or three times a day.
Pupils and students often don’t eat (7) when they’re revising for exam – they eat chocolate and (8) lots of black coffee! And by the way, doctors say everybody should start the day with healthy (9) It’s also good for you to drink a lot of (10) through the day.
Ex 2: Read the conservation and answer the questions
Phong: What time do you usually come home from school?
Nick: I usually come home at 11.30.
Phong: When do you often have lunch?
Nick: I often have lunch at 12 o’clock.
Phong: What do you usually have for lunch?
Nick: I often have fish and eggs.
Phong: What do you do after dinner?
Nick: I sometimes go to the cinema, but I usually stay at home, watch TV and do my homework.
Phong: Do you often watch TV?
Nick: Yes, I do. I like watching sports very much.
Phong: When do you go to bed?
Nick: I always go to bed at 9.30. I never stay up late.
1. What time does Nick usually come home from school?
Nick usually come home from school .
2. When does he often have lunch?
He often .
3. What does he usually have for lunch?
He usually for lunch.
4. What does he often do after dinner?
5. What TV programme does he like watching?
Ex 3: Choose the correct word A, B, or C for each gap to complete the following passage.
We need calories or (1)…………………..to do the things every day. For example, when we walk to school or (2) ………………..a bike to school we spend a certain amount of (3)………….and even when we sleep, we also use them. But how many calorie should we (4) ………………a day to stay in shape? It’s difficult (5)…………………..us to calculate. If people want to keep (6) …………….., they should remember that everyone should have between 1600 and 2500 calories a day.
We get calories (7) …………….the food we eat. If we get too many food and don’t take part (8)………… any activities, we can get fat quickly. So besides studying, we should do some (9)………….., play sports or do the housework, such as cleaning the floor, cooking etc. Otherwise, we don’t eat enough, we will be (10)…………….and weak.
1. A. food B. energy C. drink foodenergydrink
2. A. ride B. come C. drive ridecomedrive
3. A. things B. food C. calories thingsfood calories
4. A. do B. spend C. have do spend have
5. A. for B. with C. in for with in
6. A. health B. fit C. active health fit active
7. A. in B. of C. from in of from
8. A. with B. in C. on with in on
9. A. exercises B. activities C. healthy exercises activities healthy
10. A. good B. tired C. thirsty good tired thirsty
Ex 1: Make sentences using the words and phrases given.
Example : Dr. Minh / diet / expert/ . à Dr. Minh is a diet expert.
1. Getting/ plenty / rest / really / important.
2. It / easy / get / flu / . / we / should / try / keep / clean .
3. I/ have / toothache / yesterday / because / I eat / many / sweets / .
4. He / has/ flu / . / he / keep / sneezing / coughing / .
5. Which / activity / use / more / calories / walking / or / riding / bicycle/ ?
Ex 2: Can you rewrite the following sentences in correct English?
1. Laughing is not good with health.
2. Some people have a very bad habit in littering in public.
3. People who live in a dusty area often suffer on diseases.
4. In prevent the flu, we should keep our hands clean, our feet warm.
5. She has a sore throat yesterday.