1. I worked in that company for three years, but then I (find) this job. I (work) here for three months.
2. "Can you lend me some money?" "Yes. Oh, no! I'm afraid I (lose) my wallet!"
Mae C. Jemison is an American astronaut and physician who, on June 4, 1987, the first African American woman to be admitted into NASA’s astronaut training program. Jemison on October 17, 1956, in Decatur, Alabama. She is the youngest child of Charlie Jemison, a roofer and carpenter, and Dorothy Jemison, an elementary school teacher. The Jemison family to Chicago, Illinois, when Jemison was three years old to take advantage of better educational opportunities. They there since then. During her time at High School, she became convinced she to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. When she in 1973 as a consistent honor student, she entered Stanford University on a National Achievement Scholarship.
In October 1985, she for admission to NASA's astronaut training program. The Challenger disaster of January 1986 delayed the selection process, but when she reapplied a year later, Jemison was one of the 15 candidates chosen from a field of about 2,000.
On September 12, 1992, Jemison finally into space with six other astronauts aboard the Endeavour on mission STS47, becoming the first African American woman in space. In recognition of her accomplishments, Jemison several awards and honorary doctorates in recent years. She is a model for every girl who may want to study to become a scientist.
4. Compete the chart with affirmative/negative/interrogative sentences. Be careful they make sense. Don't forget to write "?" if necessary. Use contractions where possible.
5. Write questions for the following answers. Use WH_ particles.
1. They have eaten healty for three months.
2. I dreamt of you two nights ago.
3. The movie took 2 hours and a half
4. We have already chosen the wedding cake
5. She drove to the hospital.
6. Transform these sentences into reported speech. change the reporting verb if necessary:
1. "Sarah has been walking all day. She is tired." Mum said
2. "Raise your hand if you want to ask a question" The teacher said
3. "Why are you hiding behind that tree? Can I play with you?" My brother said
4. "Will you bring the drinks for the party?" Mara wanted to know
5. "Do you like my new outfit?" The instagrammer said to the followers
7. Finish the conditional sentences.
If you won the lottery
If the water starts boling, please
Unless the essay is perfect
You will have to live in Japan
8. Use how long, ever, just, never, yet, already, for and since:
1. I have ridden a camel, but I rode a horse once.
2. She has seen that movie five times!
3. Why haven't you called the doctor ? The child has a fever!
4. I have finished my painting. Do you want to see it??
5." has she been knitting?" "Her grandma has taught her she was five."