1. One of the main Costa Rican dishes is called gallo pinto, which is basically a mixture of rice, ________ cilantro, and other ingredients, that's typically eaten for breakfast.
2. _______is another big part of the Costa Rican diet, so you'll be eating lots of fresh mangoes and papayas and passionfruit and things like that.
3. A very popular in Costa Rica, which is _________, which means "life is good".
4. A lot of Costa Ricans are very ___________, which is a wonderful part of their culture and the experience of visiting Costa Rica.
5. Something else in Costa Rican culture that's a little bit different than here, is what people sometimes call tico time. So tico just means Costa Rican. It's like a nickname for Costa Ricans. So tico time is the concept of social events starting a little bit _______than the actual time set.
6. The Tico Time does not apply to things like ____________________ and in a more formal setting. But in social settings, it's very relaxed and flexible with the starting time.
7. Transportation is another big part of Costa Rican life, especially for international students, and a wonderful thing about studying abroad in Costa Rica is the ease of public transportation. There is a ______________ that pretty much goes all throughout the country.
8. _________________ are also very popular and easily available as well in Costa Rica, especially if you're going out at night or something like that.
9. Communication is another important thing to know about when you're studying abroad and going to a new country. So something about Costa Rica is that _________is very widespread and commonly found.
10. And an app that a lot of people in Costa Rica use is called _____________, which is basically just like normal texting for them, but you can also use it to send messages, make voice calls and video calls to the U.S.