PRESENT SIMPLE- CONTINUOUS- PAST SIMPLE- CONTINUOUS
Past simple tense
Knowing Better...Charles Dickens
PETER and the wolf
PAST SIMPLE or PRESENT PERFECT?
FILL IN THE BLANKS BY USING THE PAST FORM OF THE VERBS GIVEN
1) The princess was very sad because her golden ball (fall) into the well.
2) Suddenly, the princess (see)a big, ugly frog and she (ask) him to get her ball.
3) The frog (want) to be the princess' friend.
4) The frog (jump) into the well, and (throw) the golden ball to the princess.
5)The princess (catch)the ball, and quickly (run) to the castle.
6)The frog (come)to the castle and (start) to live with the princess in the castle.
7) Soon, the princess (begin) to love the frog.
8)They (become) very close friends.
9)One day, the princess (kiss) the frog.
10)Then, suddenly, the frog (turn) into a handsome prince.
11)They soon (get) married and lived happily forever.