1. to divide something among several or many Example: The aid workers __________d food and blankets among the survivers of the floods.
2. to cause to burst into pieces by force from within Example: The bomb _______d before the experts could defuse it.
3. a substance that is stored under the skin of people and animals, and helps to keep them warm Example: The body builds ___ to keep us warm.
4. Sweet food; a mix of flour, sugar, eggs and butter which is baked in the oven and eaten cold. Example: The best thing about a birthday is the birthday ____. I prefer chocolate flavour, with lots of candles on top.
6. 7. people who are at war with your country Example: The bible teaches us to love our _____.
8. a female person whose job it is to organize a particular event, or to provide services to particular people, or to take care of a particular place Example: The bell rang in the cabin and a __________ came immediately.
9. being sent through the air Example: The ball was ______ to me unexpectedly and it hit me in the nose.
10. 11. iron made harder and stronger by mixing it with other substances Example: The bodies of cars are made of _____.
12. completely different; as different as possible from something else; not the same Example: The bank is on the ________ side of the road.