Modals and active and passive voice sentences
Introducing the "Passive Voice" (1) - Basic rules for Upper elementary and Intermediate students
Active and Passive
PASSIVE VOICE (PRESENT SIMPLE AND PAST SIMPLE)
The American Dream
Fill in the gaps with the suitable word(s), more than one option can be correct:
1. Andrea is five months pregnant. She _________ to quit smoking.
2. Kyle and Peter _________ be studying hard, because the finals are just around the corner.
3. You __________ do that. It's very dangerous.
b) don't have
c) ought not
d) are supposed
4. Men and women in this company aren't __________ to wear jeans. They __________ wear a suit.
5. ___________ you pass me the salt, please?
Put the sentences in order:
1. never / to Turkey / has / Joseph / been
2. this time / be / they / going / tomorrow / will / to a party
3. regularly / the toilets / cleaned / are
4. working / Robert / have / in the school / for five years now / been / must
5. last night / robbed / three banks / were
Are the following sentences in the active or the passive form? Rewrite them in the opposite form, when the subject isn't clear use someone/something
Example: The burglar was arrested
Someone arrested the burglar
1. Gordon's been sent to prison.
2. Mike's opened a new shop in London.
3. Rosie and Greta are eating melon by the beach.
4. I was recommended a doctor by my brother.
5. They wanted more children.