past perfect continuous
Make the past perfect continuous positive:
1. I (work) all day, so I didn’t want to go out.
3. They (live) in Beijing for three years when he lost his job.
4 . When we met, you . (work) at that company for six months.
5. We (eat) all day, so we felt a bit ill.
6. He was red in the face because he(run).
7 . It (rain), and the road was covered in water.
8. I was really tired because I (study).
9. We(go) out for three years when we got married.
1. I (not / work) there long when she quit.
2. She (not / work) but she was tired anyway.
3. It(not / rain) long when I got home.
4. He was in trouble with the teacher because he .(not / go) to classes.
5. We (not / live) in London for three years when we got married! It was more like five years.
6. Although it was hot in the kitchen, Julie (not / cook).
7. I.not / sleep) long when there was a knock at the door.
8. He didn’t feel healthy, because he (not / go) to the gym.
9. I caught a cold because I (not / eat) properly.
Make the past perfect continuous question:
1. When you got sick, (you / eat) enough?
2. There was water everywhere,(what / the children / do)?
3. (it / rain) when you left the restaurant?
4(how long / she / live) in London when she found that job?
5.(why / you / study) so hard?
6. Why was the house so messy? .(what/ she / do)?
7. (how long / we / wait) when the bus finally arrived?
8. .(how long / he / play) football when he was injured?
9.(I / work) that day?
10. (she / see) him for long when they moved to Paris?