Complete this chart of irregular verbs:
infinitiveï¿½ï¿½past simpleï¿½past participle
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ doï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ buyï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ sellï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ goï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ bring ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ comeï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ sendï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ writeï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ eatï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ readï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ getï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
Now complete these sentences with the past simple of the following verbs:
1. He ï¿½(play) football yesterday.
2. We ï¿½(do) our homework last night.
3. They ï¿½(travel) to new York last month.
4. My sisterï¿½ï¿½(be) very happy yesterday because it (be) her birthady.
5. There ï¿½(be) many people at the supermarket yesterday morning.
6. I ï¿½(send) you an e-mail.
7. My boss ï¿½(bring) a bottle of champagne to celebrate his promotion.
8. We ï¿½(eat) in that restaurant last weekend.
9. My motherï¿½ï¿½(work) in that factory for five years.
10. Angela ï¿½(sell) her old car last Monday.
11. Henry ï¿½(like) riding his bicycle when he ï¿½(be) a child.
12. Phil ï¿½(love) his wife very much but their love ï¿½(finish) and they ï¿½(get) divorced last month.
13. We ï¿½(be) at home yesterday evening.
14. Sandra ï¿½(live) abroad two years ago.
15. John ï¿½(go) to London last summer. He ï¿½(study) English there.
Write the first ten previous sentences in negative:
1. Heï¿½ï¿½ï¿½football yesterday.
2. We ï¿½our homework last night
3. Theyï¿½to New York last month
4. My sisterï¿½ very happy yesterday because itï¿½ï¿½ her birthday.
5. There ï¿½many people at the supermarket yesterday morning.
6. I ï¿½an e-mail.
7. My boss ï¿½a bottle of champagne to celebrate his promotion.
8. Weï¿½ ï¿½in that restaurant last weekend.
9. My mother in that factory for five years.
10. Angela ï¿½her old car last Monday.
Make questions for the followingï¿½answers in the past, ask about the underlined information:
1. ï¿½? -No, I didn't find my keys.
2. ï¿½? -They lived in Spain
3. ï¿½? -I ate a pizza yesterday
4.? - Yes, there was an accident.
5. ï¿½?ï¿½ - I bought five CDs
6. ï¿½?ï¿½ -We met him last weekend
7. ï¿½? -She was at home