Choose the correct option from the list to complete each phrasal verb or collocation.
1. When his girlfriend discovered he had kissed her best friend, Ben lost . It was embarrassing!
2. In order not to be discovered, the politician had to cover the scandal by making a false statement.
3. The boiler was so hot that it gave a jet of steam.
4. He was tired after the long battle, and as he would never win, he decided to give to the enemy.
5. After receiving the money from the lottery, they decided to set a bar next to their house.
6. When I was a kid, other older boys used to pick me and make me cry.
7. When they decided to sell their house, they had to do it , as it was quite old, and they left it in mint condition.
That's all for now! Continue practising phrasal vebs and collocations at Practice #2!