A-HA "CRYING IN THE RAIN"
What do you know about A-HA?
Which of those men is the leader of A-HA?
Where are they from?
When was the band founded?
How many people are in A-HA?
What is the title of their debut album?
Which of those songs is not A-HA?
a) Take on me b)Come undone c)Crying in the rain
Complete information about the song:
Choose the correct words
In 1990, the Norwegian pop band a-ha cavered /covered the song. Following its success, a-ha became closer to / with the Everly Brothers, who had originally recorded the song. The band members were presented a group /set of guitars by the Everly Brothers that/who a-ha continues to use.
Listen to the song and do the tasks
Write in missing words
If I wait stormy skies
You won't know the rain from the in my eyes
You'll never know I still love you so
the heartaches remain
I'll do my crying the rain
Write in missing word
Choose the correct word
Someday when my crying's gone / done
I'm gonna have /wear a smile and walk in the sun
I may be a full/fool
But till/still then, darling, you'll never see me complain
I'll do may/my craying in the rain (x4)
Write in these words: pain, sorrow, hope, cry, smile, hide, wait, know, rain.
Find these words: broken heart, darling, heartache, hide, pain, pride, tears, weather.
The clues of the crossword:
1. An expression on the face in which the ends of the mouth curve up slightly, often with the lips moving apart so that the teeth can be seen
2. to stay in the same place or in the same condition
3. great unhappiness
4. Continuing to happen or continuing to be done
5. with strong wind, heavy rain and often thunder and lightning
6. Wait ... .
7. to remove something
8. in some religions, the place, sometimes imagined to be in the sky, where God or the gods live and where good people are believed to go after they die, so that they can enjoy perfect happiness
9. to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might
10. (a cause of) a feeling of great sadness
11. the star that the Earth moves around, which provides light and heat for the Earth, or the light or heat that the Earth receives from this star
12. a single drop of rain
The crossword answer is the title of the album featured a cover version of "Crying in the Rain" released by A-HA.
‘____ __ ___ ___, West of the Moon’
(students own answers)
1. I've got my pride and I know how to hide all my sorrow and pain.
2. You won't know the rain from the tears in my eyes.
3. You'll never know that I still love you so though the heartaches remain.
4. Raindrops falling from heaven could never take away my misery.
5. I'll wait for stormy weather to hide these tears I hope you'll never see.
6. I'm gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun.
7. You'll never see me complain.