PRESENT SIMPLE- CONTINUOUS- PAST SIMPLE- CONTINUOUS
4 tenses revision
Beginners multiple choice test - 4
past simple on the farm 1
1. I’m planning to study a degree in Law.
a. I’m studying a degree in Law.
b. I’m going to study a degree in Law.
c. I think I will study a degree in Law.
2. I predict a score 3-0 to United.
a. The score is going to be 3-0 to United.
b. I think the score will be 3-0 to United.
c. The score may be 3-0 to United.
3. Paula is likely to be hired.
a. I think Paula will be hired.
b. Paula must be hired.
c. Paula may be hired.
4. Sarah doesn’t plan to decide on a university degree yet.
a. Sarah is not going to decide on a university degree yet.
b. Sarah is going to decide on a university degree.
c. Sarah will never decide on a university degree.
5. Terry intends to send his application form next week.
a. Terry may send his application form next week.
b. Terry must send his application form next week.
c. Terry is going to send his application form next week.
1. I plan to get enoguh sleep during my holidays.
2. Write a suitable question for the underlined part:
Megan and Ian are thinking of early retirement.
3. Write a suitable question: Tim has been out of work for quite some time.
4. Write a suitable question: Terry intends to finish the painting next week.
6. Write a suitable question: During my visit to Madrid, I saw many famous people.
7. Write a suitable question: It often rains.
8. The manager had never found such a reliable worker before.
9. During the job interview, they asked me to show them my C.V.
10. During our holidays in London, it rained a lot.
11. During my visit to France, I improved my knowledge of French.
12. It’s four months since we last had a whole night sleep.
a. We haven’t
b. We last
c. The last time
13. I haven’t practiced daily sport for years.
b. I last
14. I haven’t heard of yoga and meditation as a school subject before.
a. This is
15. This is the first time Steve has paid attention to his diet.
16. That was the first time Steve had paid attention to his diet.
17. He started to lose weight at the age of twelve. (He’s now 22).
18. Dad started to cook an hour ago.
19. My older brother has been driving for three years now.
My older brother
20. They became friends some years ago.
21. It’s many years since I last caught a cold.
22. James has been dating Jane for some weeks now.
23. The job interview started before we arrived at the office.
The job interview
24. The children unwrapped their presents before they had breakfast.
When the children
25. Jack got a promotion before he was given a pay rise.
26. “We’ll change our unhealthy diet for a balanced one”, the mum said.
27. “Have you got any previous work experience?”, Tim enquired.
28. “Please wait for me here”, Mary asked her brother.
29. “I’ve been working on my C.V. since yesterday”, he said.
30. “Why didn’t you mention your qualifications on computer studies?”, the interviewer asked me.
31. “Let’s apply for this job right now”, my sister said.
32. “Why don’t you hire a baby-sitter for tomorrow night”, he suggested.
33. I started to think of early retirement last year. I’m still thinking of it. (since)
34. “I’ll call you back tonight”, she promised me.
She promised me
35. “How about studying for the exam together”, I said.
36. “Will you have moved by next Friday?”, my landlady wanted to know.
37. “What time is it now?”, he asked.
38. “Could you please pick me up at 8 o’clock?”, Maria asked her boyfriend.
39. “How many people will there be?”, I enquired.
40. “How much coffee is there left?”, mum asked.
41. “Don’t be late this evening”, the teacher told the students.