Modal verbs Deduction and probability
CAN & CANīT - Expressing Ability
SUMMARY OF MODAL VERBS (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
CAN / CANīT (1)
SHOULD - SHOULDNīT ( HEALTH PROBLEMS ) KEY INCLUDED
Five Senses Activity
DEDUCTION AND PROBABILITY
1- Complete the following sentences with CAN'T, MUST, MIGHT
1) I can hear some music coming from that window. He
be at home.
2) Mark told me Sarah was working late today, so she
be home right now.
3) Harry doesn't answer the phone. He
be in the movies.
4) Ring! Ring! That
be mom; she said she'd call me back in a minute.
have left my keys in the car...or maybe at John's.
6) Sue is late for class. She
have missed the bus.
7) That DVD
cost more that 15; it's an old movie!
8) Christina has already been three times to that new pizza restaurant. It
be really good.
9) Robert always gets straight A's. His parents
be really proud of him.
10) Her new boyfriend is absolutely gorgeous. He
be a model.
11) A: What's that deafening noise out there?
B: My downstairs neighbors
be having another barbecue. It's the fifth one this month!
12) A: Have you called Sam?
B: yeah, but he
have already left, because nobody answered the phone.
13) A. How much further do we have to go?
B: Not much. Her house
be very far from here.
14) Lisa failed her driving test, so she
be in a good mood right now.
15) George wasn't promoted as he had expected, so he
be totally disappointed with himself.
16) He and his sister
come with us if their parents give them permission.
17) Your son is such a gifted student! He
be chosen Valedictorian of his year.
be from France, he doesn't speak a word of French!
19) mmmm...It smells delicious! My father
go to the party, but I'm not completely sure; I've got so many things to do this weekend!