End of term Exam
D. Match the following words.
1. try ( ) a) test, examine
2. fashion ( ) b) style
3. casual ( ) c) informal
4. shabby ( ) d) poor, ragged
5. formal ( ) e) serious, official
6. marvellous ( ) f) wonderful
7. warm ( ) g) heated
8. soon ( ) h) early
9. hike ( ) i) walk, ramble
10. aloud ( ) j) audibly
E. Read the following passage.
My favourite pop star is Fatih Kýsaparmak. He is a good singer and a good saz player. He is a very good song writer, too. His song “Kilim“ is my favourite song. Fatih is Turkish. This is a picture of Fatih’s family. His wife is in the picture. Her name is Fatma. She is a housewife. She is Turkish, too. She has got a son. His name is Murat. Murat is a good student.
a) Answer the questions.
1. What is Fatih Kýsaparmak’s occupation?
2. Where is Fatih from?
3. What is the name of his wife?
4. What is his wife?
5. What is the name of his son?
6. What is his son?
b) Write ‘he, she, his, her, they, it ...... ’.
1. Fatih is Fatma’s husband.
2. Murat is a good student.
3. His song, `Kilim` is my favourite song.
4. His wife is a housewife.
5. That is the picture of Fatih’s family.
6. Fatma and Fatih are Turkish.
F. Write the missing word.
1. Thank you _______ the cake.
2. My favourite _______ is milk and cake.
3. Tea? No, thanks. I _______ milk.
4. I have a dog ______ Alabaþ. Its _____ is black and white.
5. This book is _______ animals.
6. He is _______ Istanbul _______ Turkey.
7. Fatih is Fatma`s husband. Fatma is Fatih`s _______.
8. Murat is Fatih`s son. Fatih is Murat`s _______.
9. I like _____ house among _____ trees.
10. My room is on _____ first floor.
G. Complete the sentence by using the
words in brackets.(Use the Simple Present or the Present
1. My father usually _____________________ (come) home
at 6 o’clock every evening.
2. Tom ________________(talk) to Jim on the phone now.
3. Mr. Brown __________________(have) his lunch in a big
restaurant every day, but now he ____________ (be)
at home and he __________________(have) his lunch.
4. In the evening the children usually ___________ (do)
their homework, but this evening they ________________
(not/do) their homework, because there ___________ (be)
a cartoon on T.V.
5. Jane usually _________________ (see) her friends at
weekends. Today _________________(be) Saturday, and
her friend, Julia, _______________________(give) a party
in the afternoon. Now, Jane ___________________ (look)
in the mirror and _______________________(wear) her
beautiful new dress, because her friends usually ________
(wear) their expensive new dresses.
H. Ask questions for the underlined parts.
The food is delicious. How is the food?
1. Ahmet is happy. ______________________?
2. Ýstanbul is beautiful. ______________________?
3. The dog is unhappy. ______________________?
4. Mustafa is sad. ______________________?
5. The question is difficult. ______________________?
I. Write the sentences again using "he, she,
it, we,you, they, I, me, him,.." for the
1. Ahmet’s book is green. ______ book is green.
2. Look at Mehmet. Look at ______.
3. What colour is Jane’s new dress? What colour is ______
4. Look at Jane’s new dress. Look at ______.
5. Mary and Kate are my friends. ______are my friends.
6. Look at John and Tom Look at ______.
7. Give Mary an apple. Give ______an apple.
8. Are Tim’s sisters in the room? Are ______in the room?
9. Look at my father’s trousers. They are brown.
Look at ______.
10. Give me and my friend some sweets. Give ______ some
J. Ask questions for the underlined parts.
1. He is from Paris. ____________________________ ?
2. She is nearly eleven. ____________________________ ?
3. They are German. ____________________________ ?
4. He is very well. ____________________________ ?
5. No, It isn’t a pet ____________________________ ?
6. Yes, I am a good student. _________________________ ?
7. They are black and white. _________________________ ?
8. That is Rosa Sanchez. ____________________________ ?
9. They are tables. ____________________________ ?
10. She is Italian. ____________________________ ?
K. Make questions for the underlined parts.
1. I’m shy. ____________________________________.
2. I am a painter. ___________________________________.
3. I am behind the door. _____________________________.
4. You are a spokesman. _____________________________.
5. You are an explorer. ______________________________.
6. John is a tailor. __________________________________.
7. The sailor is skillful. ______________________________.
8. Her name is George Sand. _________________________.
9. You are healthy. _________________________________.
10. The film is boring. ________________________________.