GENERAL KNOWLEDGE UPPER INTERMEDIATE
Grammar Review for Beginners - 3-page review, 14 different exercises, fully editable, with keys included
English Test(9th form End of Term 2 Test)(3 parts)Reading Comprehension: THE INTERNET/Grammar+Voc abulary/Writing(+Key )
Comparative & Superlative
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS
1. Which vitamin is abundant in citrus fruits?
2. What instrument is used for measuring temperature?
A Blood pressure Cuff
3. Who developed the theory of evolution by natural selection?
4. What gas do plants absorb from the atmosphere?
5. What do we call a shape with eight sides?
6. What is the study of plants called?
1. Which South American country has the greatest land area?
2. What is the capital city of Sri Lanka?
3. Which climate is generally hotter and more humid, tropical, dry or temperate?
4. What do we call a mountain which could erupt?
5. Antarctica covers which of the earth's poles?
The North Pole
The South Pole
6. On which continent is Sierra Leone?
1. In which sport would you use a 'sand iron'?
2. In boxing, what do the letters K.O. stand for?
3. Baseball originated in the U.S.A. in which century?
The 18th Century
The 19th Century
The 20th Century
4. How many rings are there in the Olympic Games symbol?
5. Which country won the 1998 FIFA World Cup football tournament?
6. Who won the 2003 Wimbledon women's tennis championship?
1. Which female pop singer had a hit called 'Baby, One More Time'?
2. What pop group was Michael Jackson in when he was young?
The Jackson Five
The Jackson Family
3. What type of music did Louis Armstrong play?
4. What does an orchestra's conductor wave to keep time?
5. What nationality was Mozart?
6. Which rock group is Michael Stipe the lead singer of?