GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ADVANCED
Grammar Review for Beginners - 3-page review, 14 different exercises, fully editable, with keys included
English Test(9th form End of Term 2 Test)(3 parts)Reading Comprehension: THE INTERNET/Grammar+Voc abulary/Writing(+Key )
Comparative & Superlative
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS
1. Triton is a moon of which planet?
2. For what process do plants need sunlight, CO2 and water?
3. Which physicist wrote a book called 'A Brief History of Time'?
4. Which chemical element is represented by the symbol Zn?
5. In which organ of the body is the cerebrum found?
The Spinal Cord
6. What do we call the study of birds?
1. In which country is the world's highest waterfall?
2. What natural phenomena are measured by the 'Richter scale'?
3. Which two oceans does the Panama Canal link?
Indian and the Atlantic
The Red Sea and Mediteranean Sea
the Atlantic and the Pacific
4. What is South America's highest mountain range?
5. What is the capital city of Kenya?
6. What is the line of latitude 23.5 degrees north of the equator called?
Tropic of Capricorn
Tropic of Cancer
1. In which athletic event is a heavy metal ball thrown?
2. In what sport could you 'hit a six' or 'bowl a leg spinner'?
3. Golf was first played in which country?
4. In which sport could you find yourself in a headlock?
5. In which sport are a bow and arrow used?
6. What does a third-place getter at the Olympic Games win?
a Iron Medal
A Steel Medal
a Bronze Medal
1. What instrument did the jazz musician Miles Davis play?
2. Which British rock group do Liam and Noel Gallagher belong to?
3. Which instrument has keys, pedals and strings?
4. In which country is a 'gamelan orchestra' most commonly found?
5. Who wrote the song entitled 'Yesterday'?
6. Which is the largest stringed instrument in a classical orchestra?