4. What do the underlined words in the text refer to:
a. … schools there -->
b. … battery, which produced -->
5. Answer the following questions according to the text:
a. Who are John and Tom?
b. What did Volta, Alessandro teach in the Royal School in Como?
c. Why did Napoleon make Volta, Alessandro a Count?
SECTION TWO: Mastery Of Language.
1. Supply capitals and punctuation where necessary.(Re-write the sentence)
the amazon forest is the world’s largest one it covers a large part of brazil
2. Put the word in brackets in its correct form.
a. It was (delicious) meal I have ever eaten.
b. Our last holiday wasn’t (interesting) as the one before.
c. My brother wakes up (early) me.
3. Match each word with its opposite. (Write a, b or c in the box)
a. Hazardous 1-dry
b. Close 2-far
c. Wet 3-safe
4. Correct the verbs in brackets so that the sentence makes sense. (2)
Since he left school Rachid (practise) gymnastics, but now he (try) himself to a team sport. He (prefer) handball rather than rugby. He (think) it is less violent.
5. Fill in the table with 03 irregular verbs from the following list and give their past forms. (1.5)
Stay – stand – drive – follow – fill – stop – throw