Who, what, where, when, why
Do or does?
WAS-WERE and DID questions
1. I always told my friends about school.
2. He could come at four.
3. I made a birthday cake yesterday.
4. We always played tennis after six.
5. She paid for our dinner at the restaurant.
6. The children were good at skiing.
7. We bought some nice DVDs.
8. She tried to catch Bill.
9. The children made masks at school.
10. I hoped to get some nice presents.
11. They packed their suitcase.
12. They acted out stories at school.
13. We knew a lot about this town.
14. They went for a walk on Sundays.
15. We cut out paper butterflies.
16. He put his arm round her shoulder.
17. I wanted blue trousers.
18. We wrote a lot of e-mails to our friends.
19. Ann brought the flowers to her mum.
20. Peter took the poster off the wall.
21. She cooked for us.
22. In our holidays we had breakfast at nine.
23. We ate meat every day.
24. There was a snake in the grass.
25. We read a lot of good books.
26. He always did his homework after school.
27. We needed new trousers.
28. We looked at the pictures.
29. He bought sweets for Tom.
30. Liam went to see his granny.
31. He ran home to have lunch.
32. I had a party on my birthday.
33. Bill met her last morning.
34. We knew them well.
35. She hid in the locker.
36. He cut his finger.
37. John heard her.
38. She said "hello".
39. Mother sang a lovely song.
40. We swam in the lake.
41. He sat on a red chair.
42. He told her everything.
43. We spent nice holidays in Italy.
44. Peter ate a lot of ice cream.
45. Frank gave him the milk bottle.
46. The plane left at six.
47. He got a parcel from his uncle.
48. Sally took the hamburger.
49. Sue´s hair was black.
50. Sandra stayed with her aunt.
51. We visited our granny in the holidays.
52. Susie liked Freddy.
53. She looked pale.
54. Billy took Sheila to town.
55. Bobby felt very happy.
56. My neighbours built a beautiful house.
57. Tommy fed the hens.
58. They never drank hot milk.
59. He brought me flowers.
60. He shut the door quietly.