Some Expressions with Get
Venice: The Historical Regatta
Expressions with Get
A. Look at theses expressions with get. Match them with their meanings A-G
1. It helps you
get rid of
2. Who do you
get along with
best in your family?
3. It takes time to
get to know
a friend pretty well.
4. It's really frustrating! Again I
work late this morning.
5. I tried to
get in touch
with her, but she didn't answer her phone.
6. She sent him an email and two days later she
7. When his son saw the new bike, he
A. make contact with somebody
B. have a good relationship with
D. know somebody (or something) little by little
F. throw away
G. arrive at/in
B. Complete the conversations with
or an expression with
1. A: Does she
with her sister?
B: Not really. They're always having a fight.
2. A: He sounds really quiet.
B: When you
him, you'll find him really talkative.
3. A: Do you prefer to
emails or letters?
B: Well, emails are very convenient, but I love letters.
4. A: Did you talk to her about the party tomorrow?
B: I tried to
with her, but I think she's out of town.
5. A: Why are you throwing everything out of your drawers?
B: I'm trying to
some old stuff I haven't used for a long time.