THE FUTURE WORLD / ETERNAL YOUTH
Reading and writing about sci-fi movies
THE BLADE RUNNER WORKSHEETS
Watch the video
(Clip from "Blade Runner" 1982 Director: Ridley Scott )
Hidden in this wordsearch are ten words from the clip. Can you find them?
Some words are written backwards!
Choose the correct option
1. ...attack ships
3. ...like tears
4. He's completely
by the rain.
5. It's a very
6. It's a
Multiple Choice Quiz
1. A film set in the future is described as...
2. Blade Runner, Alien and The Terminator are all examples
of what type of film?
3. Which of the following words means "to record" or "to film"?
4. Blade Runner is said to have a "cult following". What
does this mean?
It has many loyal fans
It has religious meaning
It contains hidden messages
5. The film is about "replicants", a fictional term based
on the word "replica".
With this in mind, what is a "replicant"?
A copy of a human being
A person with magical powers
An alien species
1. The type of film that makes you scream
2. Water that falls from the sky
3. A part of a film or play
4. The final part of a story
5. Of cathedrals. A type of architecture from long ago.
6. To start a fight with someone.
7. What we will all do one day...
8. To save someone
9. To end someone's life
The following is a transcript of the above speech. (NB. "C-Beams", "Tannhauser Gate" and "the shoulder of Orion" refer to fictional events and to my knowledge are not references to real places or entities. If anyone knows different please get in touch!)
´ve seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-Beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain... Time to die