Allo Allo: The British are coming part 1
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Edward Scissorhands (3)
Video Session: Friends - The One where they all turn thirty
The world of cinema
Movies/ TV programmes matching (BW+key)
Edward Scissorhands intro (1)
"ALLO , ALLO" : THE BRITISH ARE COMING
PILOT EPISODE PART 1
'"Allo Allo" is a British sitcom broadcast on BBC! from 1982 to 1992 comprising 85 episodes. The story is set up in a small town caf� in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. It tells the sotry of Ren� Artois, a French caf� owner in the town of Nouvion. The Germans have occupied the tgown and stolen all of its valuable artifactgs. These include the first cuckoo clock ever made and a painting of The Fallen Madonna by Van Klomp. Colonel Von Strohm has decided to keep them for himself and forces Ren� to hide them in his caf�. Hitler also wants the painting and sends Otto Flick of the Gestapo to the town to find it.
At the same time , the caf� is being used as a safe house for two brave but clueless British airmen. Ren� is forced to work with the Resistance , led by Michelle Dubois.
Watch the first part of the episode and do the exercises below:
Say whether the following sentences are TRUE or FALSE:
1. The Colonel likes the food Ren� served him
2. They have eaten rabbit
3. They are going to have some wine on the house
4. Ren� wishes the winter would be over soon
5. The Colonel will have to give Ren� 5 litres of paraffin if he wants to go upstairs with Yvette
6. There�s a woman with a pram to see Ren�
7. Yvette does what she does because her mother has cold feet
CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Michelle wants Ren� to hide some British airmen there because something happened to the other caf� where the Resistance
��� used to� hide them. What happened?
The owner retired and closed the caf�
The caf� was blown up
The Germans decided to use the caf� as a casino
2. Why doesn�t Ren� want to keep the soldiers there?
Because it�s crawling with Germans
Because the Germans don�t trust him
Because he doesn�t speak English
3. Where will the forger prepare the papers for the British soldiers?
in the onion seller�s shop
in the cellar
4. Will Ren�s wife talk?
incessantly but not about anything important
he doesn�t think so
of course she will give away the secret
5. How will he recognize the British airmen?
they will be wearing black hats
they will knock on the cellar�s door
they will be disguised as onion sellers
6. Where�s the transmitter?
behind the bar
in Ren�s mother-in-law's room
in the cellar
7. Why is it there?
nobody goes there unless they have to
nobody knows his mother-in-law is alive
people think she is a witch
8. Is Ren�s mother-in-law prepared to die for France?
she wants to die as soon as possible
she is willing to die for a fair cause
she�s been prepared to die for 30 years