Fill in with Present Simple or Continuous
1. A: I (see) an old friend tonight.
B: I (see) - so you won't be able to meet me after work, will you?
2.A: Why (you/smell) the milk?
B: It (smell) a bit strange. I think it might have gone off.
3. A: (you/enjoy) reading Jane Austen's novels?
B: Not usually, but I (enjoy) this particular one.
4. A: Why (John/be) so bad-tempered today?
B: I don't know. He (be) usually so easy to get on with.
5. A: Carol and I (think) of getting married.
B: (you/think) that's a good idea? You haven't known each other for very long.
6. A: (you/have) the phone number of a good business consultant?
B: Why? ( you/have) problems at work?
7.A: ( the singer/appear) tonight?
B: Unfortunately not. She (appear) to have lost her voice.
8. A: Why (you/taste) the lemonade?
B: It (taste) a little bitter. I think I'll add some sugar.
9. A: I hear the Fords (look) for a bigger house.
B: Yes, it (look) as if they are going to move.
10. A: How much (the parcel/weigh)?
B: I'm not sure. The assistant (weigh) it at the moment.