in front of
in spite of
with regard to
with respect to
Circle the preposition in the sentences below.
1. The boy ran across the street toward the cinema. (2)
2. Peter looked up the stairs at the picture on the wall. (3)
3. He jumped over the wall and sat on a nail. (2)
4. She ran down the street to her friend’s house. (2)
5. They awoke during the night under the stars in a large field. (3)
6. The ball flew beyond the goal and went outside the stadium. (2)
7. The van drove underneath the bridge into the river. (2)
8. They walked across the bridge to the far side. (2)
Gap fill the sentences below.
1. He swam _____ the flags and back _____ the beach.
2. She walked ______ the flowers ___ the garden.
3. The dog ran ______ the cat and jumped _____ a wall.
4. The man sat ____ the tree and an apple hit him ___ the head.
5. He drove____ the police station____ his car.
6. She parked _______ the supermarket and went ___ the escalator.
7. Tim walked_______ the corner ______ the policeman.
8. The man walked______ the tightrope ____ the next Building.