I. Use an appropriate modal and a verb from the brackets to fill in the gaps.
1. You (help) him. (You helped him, but he didn't need help.)
2. We threw water onto the fire. Weï¿½ï¿½ (put it out).
3. Although she had enough money she didn't get the ticket. She (get) one.
4. Despite being allowed to wear jeans, they wore smart clothes. Theyï¿½ (wear) smart clothes.
5. He got caught red-handed while playing chess and was disqualified. He (cheat).
6. He found a wallet in the street and kept it. Now he feels the pricks of conscience. He (take) it to the police.
7. Iï¿½ (take) an umbrella because it didn't rain.
8. I shared my chocolate bar although Iï¿½ (eat) it all by myself.
9. I (not take) the plate out of the oven because I've burnt my hand.
10. I (get) to school early so I ran.
11. I (finish) my project on time because my sister helped me.
12. I told my friend a secret but I (trust) her.
13. We had a wonderful time at the aquarium. In fact, we (not have) a nicer time.
14. ( she get) to the phone and call an ambulance after she had fallen off a ladder?
15. She (keep) all the magazines to her sister because her sister didn't want them.