Opstinsko takmicenje iz engleskog jezika, 1999
Priredila: Biljana Mihajlovic
I���� Use the correct form of each verb given below and complete the letter. You may need to use some verbs MORE THAN ONCE.
FLY����� LEAVE������ REACH���� STAY���� MEET���� BE���� GET���� EAT
Frankfurt, May 27, 1998
I� Australia at the end of April and now I� closer to Britain every day! I� now with my germain penfriend. Last night we� some frankfurters. They� delicious! I enjoyed� them. We� home until after midnight. On Wednesday I� to Belgium. Peter� me at the airport if my letter� him in time.
See you soon,
II���� This is the questionaire for the members of the drama club. Use the words in brackets to make questions.
Example: Who is your favourite actor?
������������������ (who / favourite actor)
���� (when / born)
���� (how long / a member of the club)
�����(what / especially / interested in)
III���� Complete the text. Fill in the gaps where necessary. If no words are necessary, write *
Have you ever dreamed� going� Australia? Here's your chance� win a holiday!� winners will spend four days in Brisbane.� the fifth day they'll visit Sidney� they will see most� the sights tourists never fail to visit, including� Sydney Harbour and� Opera House.
IV���� Correct and rewrite the sentences. In each sentence there is only ONE mistake (not a spelling one).
1. Don't worry! I will pay for me.
2. What is the longest river in the world, the Amazon or the Nile?
3. There were a lots of apples in the basket.
4. The books aren't our, they belong to him.
5. Nobody doesn't live here.
6. He swims quite good for a boy of six.
7. What a nice weather we are having today!����������
V���� Use one of the words given to complete the sentences.
SO������ BECAUSE OF������ ALSO������ BUT������ ALTHOUGH������ BECAUSE
�it was wery late, my friends decided to go out. I couldn't go with them� my kid brother.
I had to babysit for him,� I stayed at home.
VI���� Put these words in the�correct order to make a sentence.
1. the / was / highest / climb / first / mountain / the / he / world's / to
2. our / in / books / how / are / library / many / there ?
3. for / Japanese / good / the / are / cars / famous / their ?
VII���� Complete the conversation:
A: Where's John?�� ? (still / sleep)���
B: Yes. He���(not feel) well. He���(have) a bad cold for the last few days.
A: Oh, it's not just a cold. He�� (not bee) well since his girlfriend�� (leave) him.