A. Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meaning. Use the modal perfect.
1. Maybe he learned Spanish as a child.
2. It was a mistake to ask him to do it.
3. I am sure Peter didnï¿½t enjoy his holiday.
4. Itï¿½s possible that the teacher saw me.
The teacher .
5. It was unnecessary for you to study this unit.
6. It was a bad idea to park outside the train station.
7. I think you were wrong to buy the new car.
8. Itï¿½s possible that I left the English book at home because it is not here.
9. Maybe she didnï¿½t mean what she said about you.
10. Iï¿½m sure that your classmate took your jacket by mistake.
Your classmate .
B. Modal or Modal Perfect? Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meaning.
1. I suppose you are tired after your cruise.
2. I am sure he was too tired to go to the concert.
3. I regret having behavedï¿½ so badly during the lesson.
4.ï¿½ The students aren't allowed to bring the mobile phones to school.
The students .
5. I didn't finish reading the book because I was watching TV.