Third Conditional Statements
If1 you2 had saved3 your money, you4 could5 have6 bought7 a new computer.
If1 you2 had studied3 harder, you4 would5 have6 passed7 the test.
If1 I2 had gone3 to the party, I4 might5 have6 enjoyed7 myself.
1. + 2. + 3. , + 4. + 5. + 6. + 7.
Match the If clauses with their endings.
1. If I had left the house earlier, A. You would have arrived before class started.
2. If you had asked her on a date, B. I would have arrived before the store closed.
3. If I had gone out for dinner, C. She would have said "yes."
4. If you had woken up earlier, D. I would have said "hello."
5. If I had seen you at the party, E. I wouldn't have had to wash the dishes.
Write or discuss endings to the following If clauses:
1. If I had carefully saved my money,
2. If I had studied harder in middle school,
3. If I had gotten up earlier today,