gerunds and infinitives
exercises > Infinitive or gerund
INFINITIVE OR GERUND? - GRAMMAR END EXERCISES (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
Gerund or Infinitive? - No. 4
INFINITIVE OR GERUND - EXERCISES (B&W VERSION INCLUDED)
Gerund or Infinitive?
Gerund or Infinitive
Rodrigo Zacara y el Espejo del Poder
Una fantástica historia llena de magia, aventuras, leyendas y misterios.
Recomendada a partir de 11 años.
Léela gratis en:
Y también en:
Infinitive or -ing?
A. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in the box
speak fetch get forget blame buy take
go worry visit keep insult start bite
1. They soon got accustomed to
2. I warned him
away from her.
3. The students were discouraged from
Greek in class.
4. There's no point in
him for it.
5. He suggested
a new business.
6. I made the dog
7. We finally succeeded in
two tickets for the concert.
8. It was very careless of you
9. We had better
her in hospital.
10. It's very easy to do, so stop
11. They agreed to her
12. She can't afford
13. Why did you let him
14. Have you finished
B. Complete the sentences with a suitable verb
1. Could you please stop
so much noise?
2. The phone rang while Ann was having dinner. She didn't answer it. She just carried on
3. The thief got into the house because I forgot
4. I've arranged
tennis tomorrow afternoon.
5. One day I'd like to learn
6. Why do you keep on
at me like that?
7. I don't enjoy
8. Why hasn't Sue arrived yet? She promised not
9. Our neighbour threatened
the police if we didn't stop the noise.
10. Jill has decided not
C. Choose the correct verb
1. I can't
wondering why he did that.
us to book our tickets in advance.
3. Do you
dancing on the beach?
look forward to
hearing from you.
going to Spain next year.
us to play in the garden.
me to post the letter.
to inform you that you haven't passed the exam.
to keep up with us because of his bad leg.
explain the rules to her.
D. Choose the correct option
1. I can't get used to
2. Their names sounded familiar but I couldn't remember
you the truth, I don't agree with you.
4. It's no use
to ignore him.
5. I remembered
the door before I left but I forgot
6. I've got a terrible headache. I tried
an aspirin but it didn't help.
7. Tom used to
a lot of beer when he was a student.
8. I'm the boss. I'm not used to
told what to do.
9. Having reached the top of the hill we stopped
10. Eventually you will have to stop
so many sweets.
Link to this exercise from your website or blog: