Unit 6 Review - Messages 3
1. Key vocabulary - At the table
1. You eat soup with it.
2. You put water in it.
5. and 3. You put them on your food.
4. You put your food on it.
6. You cut your meat with it.
7. You eat spaghetti with it.
8. You read it when you choose your meal.
9. You wipe your hands and mouth with it.
2. WILL / WON'T BE ABLE TO - Match the sentences!
1. Lee's got a bald cold. a) We'll be able to make one this weekend.
2. Gran gave us her recipe for apple cake. b) She won't be able to mend it.
3. They aren't showing the match on TV. c) She'll be able to go to university.
4. This bag is very heavy! d) He won't be able to go swimming tomorrow.
5. Greg isn't doing anything tomorrow. e) You'll be able to meet them.
6. Lisa dropped her phone from the upstairs window. f) He'll be able to take us to the beach in his car.
7. My cousins are coming to the barbecue. g) You won't be able to carry it very far.
8. Jane got good results in all her exams. h) We won't be able to watch it.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
3. First Conditional - Alex is talking about his girlfriend to his friend Luke. Complete the conversation. Choose the right answer!
ALEX: I'm really fed up, Luke. I think Suzie fancies Brian Carey.
LUKE: But she's your girlfriend.
ALEX: Look. I found this photo of him in her bag.
LUKE: Did you take that from Suzie's bag? really angry if she finds out.
ALEX: She won't find out if tell her. Anyway, it doesn't matter. She to take lots more photos of Brian if she to go out with him. And she won't to hide them in her bag.
LUKE: Hang on. She's coming into the classroom. She looks worried.
SUZIE: Alex! I had a photo in my bag and now I can't find it. It's a photo of Brian Carey for the school magazine. They need it this afternoon. If find it, they able to finish the page, and if they finish the page, really annoyed with me.
LUKE: Alex, I think you've got a few things to explain.
4. Key expressions - Polite requests - Complete the requests!
1) Can I have some crisps, please? (some crisps / have / I)
2) Could ? (the door / open / you)
3) I. (a beefburger / like)
4) Could ? (your phone / use / I)
5) I. (an apple / like)
6) Could ? (the water / pass / me)
5. Odd one out - Which word is the odd one out?
a) dessert meal main course starter
b) knife spoon serviette fork
c) plate cup glass bottle
d) melon carrot orange apple
e) salt ketchup pepper soup
f) chips mushrooms vegetarians peas
g) steak chicken ham tart
h) rice cheese cream butter
6. WILL / WON'T for promises - Complete each reply with a promise. Use will or won't with the given words.
send you an email come in a minute visit you again be late forget hurt
a) Remember - Close the windows before you go out! OK, Mum. I .
b) You must be home before midnight. Yes, I know. I .
c) Thanks a lot for coming. We on Saturday.
d) Will you write to me? Yes, I every day.
e) I'm a bit nervous about this. Don't worry. I promise it .
f) I'd like some help in the kitchen, please. OK. I .
7. Might / Might not - Complete the sentences. Use might or might
not with the given words.
a) There were television cameras at our school today. We on
b) It's very cold.
I think it soon.
c) I'm sure what
I'll have for lunch. I had a big breakfast. so I anything.
d) A: Will we see
Danny on Friday?
don't know. He come
to the disco. He didn't enjoy it last week.
e) A: Whose are
I'm not sure. They to
f) I think this
band is great, but you .
Lot's of people don't like them.
8. 'll / won't
and might / might not - Write the sentences in a different way.
Use 'll/won't/might/might not.
a) Maybe Maria won't
pass her science exam. Maria her
b) I don't think Kate's
friends will be at the party. Kate's friends probably to the party.
c) I'm not sure I can
pay for both these books. I enough
money for both these books.
d) I'm always nervous
when I'm in a car, so I probably won't be a good driver. I'm always nervous
when I'm in a car, so I don't think I good
e) Perhaps Gerard's
parents will give him a surfboard. Gerard a
surfboard from his parents.
9. Reading - Ideas about
the future - Read the article from a school magazine. Then complete the
sentences with the right name: Gemma or Nick.
LOOKING INTO THE
Gemma Lyons, 15
Job: I'm not interested in going to university when I leave
school, but I'm going to work in an office or a shop. I'll get a job outdoors
if I can. I like working with plants, so I'll probably look for a job as a
gardener. The money might not be great, but I'll enjoy the work. And one day I
might be able to grow my own plants and to sell them. I'd like to have my own
Home: I really want to be independent, but I won't be able
to leave home for a few years. One day I'll get a little flat on my own. I
don't think I'll move away from this town. It's nice here and I'd like to stay
near my family.
Nick Sanderson, 16
Job: I think I'll be able to do a science course at
university and I'd like to get a job that helps the environment. But I don't
think it'll be easy to find an interesting job. I'd love to study whales or
dolphins, but that will be difficult. There's a lot of competitions for jobs
Home: I'll probably share the house with other students
when I'm at university. After that, I'm not sure where I'll live. I might not
be able to find work here. If someone offers me a good job in another country, perhaps
I'll take it.
probably study at a university. e) won't
live at home after his/her final year at school.
want to work inside. f) wants
to live alone.
optimistic about finding a job. g) might
quite ambitious. h) is
more confident about the future than .
Intelligence - Tick three compound nouns!
washing mashine common coffee maker
improve own develop
laboratory oven computer chip
11. Match the
1. Scientist are
developing a rocket plane. a) I'll put them in the washing machine.
2. Luis spent six
months in London. b) She isn't a little girl anymore.
3. My aunt works
in a laboratory. c) One day people
will fly from London to Sydney in two hours.
4. My coffee
maker's broken. d) He doesn't live with
5. Look at my
jeans - they're really dirty. e) They're called computer chips.
6. People all over
the world use mobiles. f) She makes robots for the European Space
7. I can't cook
this chicken. g) His English has improved a lot.
8. Ellie's growing
up fast. h) They're very common now.
9. My brother has
got his own flat now. i) The oven doesn't work.
10. Modern machines have got brains. j) What about a
cup of tea.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10